For this month’s ‘car of the month’, we’re rather proud to show you this beautiful 5.3 V12 Jaguar Coupe in the much-favoured part facelift body. It’s been in our workshop undergoing a full rebuild and is now ready to go to its new (and very excited) owner.
Its story began when our client saw a similar looking car on our website and asked us: “Can you build me one like that, but with a V12 engine?” A challenge we relish here at KWE! The result? A top class XJS, which we think you’ll agree really looks the part.
Here’s how we did it:
We sourced a good quality donor car in Solent Blue, stripped it back and resprayed it Meteor Red and fully rebuilt the engine, complete with new cooling system and renewed engine bay. We also fitted stainless steel exhausts with low-loss catalytic converters.
The interior was fully retrimmed with new magnolia leather, bird’s eye maple wood and cream carpet. We fitted a top-of-the-range audio system with flip out screen, satnav, Bluetooth and DAB, and high-end speakers.
The full list of work includes:
- Full stripped exterior respray from Solent Blue to Meteor Red
- Fully rebuilt 5.3 litre V12 engine and cooling system
- New KWE suspension, brakes and steering systems
- Refurbished Jaguar lattice alloy wheels with new tyres
- New headlining
- All new magnolia leather seats
- All new pale beige interior carpets
- All new wood veneers in bird’s eye maple
- Full electrical maintenance
- Stainless steel large bore exhaust system
- Top of the range Alpine ICE – FM, DAB, CD, iPod and satnav with flip out screen
- New JL Audio loudspeakers
- Rear parking sensors
- Cavity wax injection rust protection
- Underseal renewal
- Xenon HID electronic headlamp conversion
- Air conditioning system reconditioned and charged with correct R12-equivalent gas
- Remote locking and alarm system
Whether it’s rebuilding, repairing or upgrading, we can help you design the specification for your classic Jaguar XJS car. For more information on our specialist services, call 01635 30030 or visit www.kwecars.com