This unique car has been the subject of an extensive (and expensive!) body and suspension restoration by KWE throughout 2013. It is now SOLD! See walk-round video
It is a Lister Mark 3, based on the Jaguar XJS, with a Lister 7 litre V12 engine driving through a strengthened 5 speed manual gearbox. The list of works KWE has carried out is very lengthy but here are the highlights:
- Complete body strip including removal of the bonded-on Lister body kit; substantial rust repairs completed to a high standard; bare-metal respray in Jaguar solid black and re-bonding of the body kit with modern materials.
- Extensive rust protection in cavities and underfloor
- Re-manufactured Lister Compomotive wheels with new, correct tyres
- All new suspension, brakes and steering incorporating the full Lister A frame rear suspension modifications for good traction
- Engine (low mileage) external overhaul and detailing.
- Full KWE/Omex digital engine management system
- Custom stainless steel large bore exhaust system Listen to it here
- Full new interior – two tone grey leather, custom stained maple woods, embossed seats and door cards, black wool carpets throughout
- Integrated Clarion satnav and audio system with flip up screen, bluetooth and iPod connection and JL Audio high performance speakers
- Quad headlamps
- All brightwork matt satin blacked
- Full air conditioning
The engine has been modified and tuned by KWE to yield 460bhp on the dyno. It has tubular exhaust manifolds, cold air intakes, enlarged throttle bodies and intake plenum, custom cams and internal strengthening. The radiator has been upgraded to an all-alloy type by NAR. The gearbox has been fully rebuilt, and a new high-torque clutch fitted. See it take off here
The suspension has been fully stripped, shot-blasted and powder-coated. All rotating, moving and resilient parts have been renewed and/or upgraded. The springs are Aston-Martin Eibach types. Dampers are AVO adjustables. Tyres are 335 x 35 x 17 on the rear, and 245 x 40 x 17 on the front – all are Pirelli P zero with negligible miles.
The car is in peak condition and ready for sale – the owner having decided to reduce the size of his collection.