As interest in the Jaguar XJS market heats up, it’s definitely becoming harder and harder to spot reasonably priced, good quality examples. Nonetheless, here are this month’s pick of the best Jaguar XJS cars that Theresa has selected from a number of different websites.
We haven’t viewed any of these cars in person, so we’d recommend a full professional assessment to check the bodywork, powertrain and other mechanics before parting with any cash!
New for our blog this month, Theresa has carefully chosen ten of the best Jag XJS cars currently for sale from a number of different websites. She’s selected the cars based on their potential to provide good value – whether for every day driving or as investment opportunities.
As we haven’t viewed the cars in person (except for the two that have passed through our workshop), we’d recommend a full professional assessment to check for rust problems etc. before parting with any money. Don’t forget to look at Jaguar XJS for sale from KWE too.
- A very late, full facelift 4.0 with 72,000 miles in Regency red. This car is for sale in Leicestershire for £7,300, it has an MOT to July 2015 and comes with six months’ road tax.
- 5.3 pre HE with 70,000 miles in Cotswold yellow. One of the first XJS’s produced with full rubber bumpers and black vinyl console, this 5.3 pre HE is one to keep. The vendor’s price of £11,995 is ambitious, but very few cars of this era are being advertised, so they are quite rare. The car is taxed and MOT’d until March 2015.
- 1985 5.3 HE V12 Cabriolet with 66,985 miles in metallic light blue. We fitted a new exhaust to this car in 1996 and also renewed the suspension and braking parts. We also carried out a ‘Straight six perishables and major engine service’ at the time. Since 2006, the car has covered just over 1,000 miles. This is the car that the classic car experts are saying is the one to be buying right now!
- 1988 3.6 Auto coupe with 87,000 miles in Solent blue. Reasonably priced at £4,500, this car is for sale in the West Midlands.
- 1988 3.6 with 37,000 miles in Westminster blue. This model has a 5-speed manual gearbox and comes with an MOT until September 2015. It’s for sale in London for £5,795.
- 1992 4.0 convertible with 72,000 miles in red. This car is for sale in Nottinghamshire for £9,995 – a reasonable price for a part-facelift convertible.
- 1989 5.3 auto coupe with 53,000 miles in Arctic blue. You’ll get a lot of car for your money here; it’s for sale for only £4,995.
- 1989 convertible V12 with 76,000 miles in white. You could have lots of fun with this beautiful car. It has a sought after blue hood and grey leather interior. The mileage is reasonable for the age and it has an MOT to April 2015. At just £7,500 this car will be snapped up quickly!
- 1993 6.0 coupe with 55,000 miles in stunning Kingfisher We’ve cossetted this car with our ‘Straight six perishables and major engine service’, a radiator re-core, cavity wax and underseal as well as new tyres. We think it’s well worth the £10,000 asking price.
10. 1995 4.0 coupe with 85,000 miles in red. Last but not least this late coupe is available from Aberdare, in South Wales for £6,500.
If any of these cars tempt you into making a purchase, we’d love to carry out any upgrades and improvements you require. For a detailed look at the options that go beyond our basic restoration services, visit our website.
Alternatively check out Jaguar XJS for sale from KWE